Head of Department, Market Intelligence, Data & Analysis, FCA
- Leading a department responsible for implementing the FCA’s Data Strategy. Accountable for large technology and change projects, and for the FCA’s procurement of market data
- FCA representative on European Securities and Markets Authority’s (ESMA) Financial Innovation Standing Committee;
- Leading the FCA’s RegTech initiatives.
- Advisor to R2 (Regtech for Regulators) Accelerator Programme.
- Certified Chartered Accountant with 9 years forensic investigative experience at the FSA and KPMG.
About the FCA
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulates the conduct of over 56,000 businesses. We aim to make sure that financial markets work well so that consumers get a fair deal. We want consumers to have access to financial services products that meet their needs, from firms they can trust.
To support this, we deliver our work through three objectives: • To secure an appropriate degree of protection for consumers • To protect and enhance the integrity of the UK financial system • To promote effective competition in the interests of consumers.
We are accountable to the Treasury – which is responsible for the UK’s financial system – and Parliament. However, we’re an independent body and we do not receive any funding from the Government.
We are funded entirely by the firms that we regulate. The FCA is one of the UK’s two financial regulators, together with the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA). For more information visit: www.fca.org.uk
- 14-Jun-2017 09:30 – 09:45 Regtech challenges and areas of FCA interest and focus
- 14-Jun-2017 10:15 – 10:55 International Regulators panel: Global Innovation in regulation